Archived Blog Posts
Fire Damage Restoration for Downtown Chicago Businesses?
We are trusted leaders in fire damage restoration in Chicago.
Only the Best for Downtown Chicago!
After the Chicago Fire Department leaves the scene, you will have fire debris, soot, smoke, and water damage from the firefighting efforts. SERVPRO® of Downtown Chicago understands the complexities of mitigating and restoring fire damage in Downtown Chicago.
Highly Trained Team
Our technicians are highly trained and certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), the nonprofit certifying body for the cleaning and restoration industry.
- Fire and Smoke Restoration Technician
- Odor Control Technician
- Upholstery and Fabric Cleaning Technician
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
No Job is Too Big
We have the specialized training, experience, and equipment to handle large commercial fire damage emergencies. We have restored all kinds of buildings and businesses and will provide seamless restoration services throughout the entire restoration process. We work to minimize any disruption to employees and customers and get your business operational again as soon as possible.
Call Us Today!
You never know when your Downtown Chicago commercial business will need fire damage restoration services, but when you do, SERVPRO® of Downtown Chicago has a team of highly trained technicians on-call 24-hours a day to assist you. Call us today at 312-888-7378. We’ll restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.
Water Damage Emergency in Downtown Chicago?
We respond to water damage emergencies 24-hours a day in Cook County.
One-Four-Eight-Hour Rule for Chicago Customers
When you have a water damage emergency, fast mitigation is critical to reducing the time and costs associated with the restoration process. Water is invasive and will seep into and underneath anything in its path and can cause serious damage if left untreated for even one hour. SERVPRO® of Downtown Chicago has been restoring water damage for businesses and homes in Downtown Chicago for years. We use industrial-grade water extraction equipment and air dryers and blowers to remove the water quickly and efficiently. We follow the one-four-eight-hour rule, meaning:
One hour – we will return your call within one hour or less
Four hours – we will arrive onsite within four hours of your call
Eight hours – we will contact your insurance adjuster within eight hours of your call
Water Damage Restoration Process
Step 1: Emergency Contact
Step 2: Inspection and Damage Assessment
Step 3: Water Removal/Water Extraction
Step 4: Drying and Dehumidification
Step 5: Cleaning and Repair
Step 6: Restoration
SERVPRO® of Downtown Chicago has a team of highly trained technicians on-call 24-hours a day to assist you with water damage emergencies in Downtown Chicago. Call us today at 312-888-7378. We’ll restore your water damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.
Rebuilding Services for Downtown Chicago Businesses?
We offer a full range of rebuilding services in Cook County.
When your Downtown Chicago business is compromised by fire, water, or storm damage, every minute your doors are closed represents reduced productivity and revenue. SERVPRO® of Downtown Chicago understands the importance of getting your business operational again quickly after a fire or water loss. We are uniquely positioned to provide a full range of building and reconstruction services, keeping your costs low and providing you with one manager to supervise the project from start to finish.
Building and Reconstruction Services
- Board Up
- Carpet Repair and Installation
- Document Drying
- Dry Cleaning
- Drywall Installation
- Drywall Removal
- Electronics Restoration
- Fine Art Restoration
- Furniture Restoration
- General Contracting
- Hardwood Floor Repair
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Services
- Linoleum Floor Repair
- Marble Floor Repair
- Move Out
- Portable Power
- Roof Tarp
- Roofing Services
- Scalable Resources
- Temporary Fencing
- Temporary Warehouse Space
- Tile Floor Repair
- Tree Removal
We have extensive experience working on all kinds of commercial buildings, including:
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing and Industrial
Call Us Today!
When building and reconstruction services are required to complete your restoration, SERVPRO® of Downtown Chicago is Here to Help. ® We provide a full range of building services to get your Downtown Chicago business back to preloss condition. Call us today at 312-888-7378.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – In Downtown Chicago
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago today at 312-888-7378 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Tips for Candle Safety in your Downtown Chicago Area Home
Follow these safety tips when using candles in your home.
Candles may be pretty to look at and provide a great fragrance in your home, but they can also be a cause of a house fire. According to the National Fire Protection Association, 3 out of every 5 candle fires start when things that can burn are placed too close to the candle. Here are some tips that you should follow for candle safety:
- Blow out candles before leaving a room or going to bed
- Keep candles one foot away from anything that can burn
- Use a sturdy candle holder, that will not tip over easily
- Put candle holders on a sturdy and unclutter surface
- Light candles carefully, keep your hair and any loose clothing away from the flame
- Do not let the candle burn all the way to the bottom; put it out before it gets too close to the container or holder
- You should not light a candle if oxygen is used in the home
- During a power outage, use a flashlight or battery-operated lighting instead of a candle
Remember candles are an open flame which means they can easily ignite. As an alternative, consider using flameless candles.
If you have any additional questions about fire or smoke damage, please feel free to contact SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago at (312) 888-7378.
Downtown Chicago Smoke & Soot Cleanup
Smoke and soot damage can cause a pervasive odor in your Downtown Chicago home or business.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 312-888-7378
Restoring Your Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event In Downtown Chicago
Commercial water damage events present unique challenges. Let SERVPRO help.
Flooding and water damage events at Downtown Chicago commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Call us today at 312-888-7378
SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago is an IICRC Firm
We are an IICRC certified firm.
SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Call us today at 312-888-7378
For Immediate Service in the Downtown Chicago Area, Call SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago
We provide immediate service day or night!
SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Downtown Chicago. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – 312-888-7378
Whether your Downtown Chicago home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Downtown Chicago commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business.
Conditions in Downtown Chicago might be right for Mold
SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago knows what to do if mold grows in your home or business.
It’s estimated that more than 1 million types of mold exist, yet less than 10 percent have actually been named. This means mold is very common in both indoor and outdoor environments. While mold and humans can sometimes co-exist without issue, there are certain species of mold that can cause health effects for some people.
If the right conditions exist, mold will grow. Those conditions include:
- Water - Different mold types require varying amounts of liquid before growth begins.
- Temperature - Normal indoor temperatures will promote mold growth.
- Time - Initial mold colonizers can take hold within one day after being exposed to an adequate water supply.
Mold growth can occur in any home or business, so it’s important to keep an eye out for situations that might promote mold activity. Roof/chimney leaks, wet basements, or condensation from ducts that dampen surrounding insulation are just a few examples of issues that make a house or an office a prime target for mold growth.
If you suspect mold in your home or business, call SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago to assess the situation. We have the knowledge, tools and track record to effectively remediate mold in your home or business.
If you suspect mold, call us today at 312-888-7378
Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold in Your Downtown Chicago Area Property
SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago can help if you find mold.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 312-888-7378
SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago Specializes in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration
SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago can help you with a flooded basement.
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Downtown Chicago basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today – 312-888-7378
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – 312-888-7378
Does Your Downtown Chicago Home or Business have a Mold Problem?
In Downtown Chicago, mold can spread through a home or business in as little as 24 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 312-888-7378
Water Damage - SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago can Help
SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago responds to water damage emergencies 24 hours a day.
When your Chicago home or business has water damage caused by flooding or a leak, you need a company that can respond immediately and has the experience, expertise and equipment to properly restore your property. SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago uses advanced inspection and extraction equipment to find the water and remove it as quickly as possible. Our highly trained technicians will carefully monitor and document the drying process to ensure your property is back to normal.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
If you experience water or flood damage, call SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago at 312-888-7378. We are available to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our goal is to make it “Like it never even happened.”
When Storms hit Chicago - SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago is Ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Chicago.
SERVPRO ofDowntown Chicago specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are located in the Chicagoland area, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Chicago, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 312-888-7378
SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago has a team of storm restoration technicians ready to respond 24-hours a day to any storm damage emergency in Chicago. We’ll restore your storm damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Downtown Chicago - 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago provides 24 hour fire and water restoration service in Chicago.
SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today – 312-888-7378
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke, or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Faster to your Downtown Chicago Water Damage Event
SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago provides 24-hour fire and water damage restoration service in Chicago.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 312-888-7378
SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago has a team of water restoration technicians ready to respond 24-hours a day to any water intrusion emergency in Chicago. Call us at 312-888-7378. We’ll restore your water damage, “Like it never even happened.”